Work Schedule for June

I try to keep a tally of my orders, productivity over the months and when I break my own personal records on production. Last month, to me, felt like the worst month yet. I base that solely on the number of quilts I made - but selling quilts is kind of the biggest part of my business so at the end of the day, I don't care about how many little things I make - its all about the quilts.
So the final count down was: 3 blankets (new time low), 19 Pokeroses, 2 bags, 2 pillows, one MLP mod and I attended a con. 



This coming month, although I am taking a vacation at the end of it, I have much higher hopes. 

The Majoras Mask is the most complex and daunting - but I also have more potential buyers lined up once they can see the finished product. The Skyrim quilt is something I'm personally excited about - but I won't be able to resell the design on Etsy, because I was served a cease and desist. I'm loving the queen sized Kirby quilt. It was requested like that and the only reason I hadn't done the design is because another quilter I respect sells a identical version but at a smaller size and with patterned fabric. I try not to make similar products out of respect, but I also cannot afford to turn down a commission. 

I guess at the end of the day, I feel good about this month and am eager - but its good to identify what went so wrong last month. I know it doesn't breed confidence is potential or current buyers to say, "I was sad." But its hard to pretend to be this perfect sewing machine online all the time and not admit my short comings. I felt very nervous about the oncoming convention and I also have had some rocky personal relationships that have effected me. When I'm sad I just want to sleep a lot and that's lame for production. So I'm sorry to complain about production and give lame excuses about my emotions - but I put my heart into everything I make and so when my heart is broken - well you can see the affect.

Comments

Popular Posts