First Shipment from Craft Coffee - Porto Rico Vienna Sumatra

Me and C committed to a bimonthly coffee subscription with Craft Coffee. Use my code 'mcv-8uh' and I get a free month, and you get 15% off. We committed to the $11.99 bag deal. Its amazing how expensive other coffee subscriptions are. Many are over $24/month and send less then 12 oz of coffee. We wanted a fair price of else, it would make sense just to seek out new flavors and brands from local roasters. But this service uses fresh and American bases roasters and sends randomly selected beans based on a survey "taste profile" you fill out before ordering. 
So  after much anticipation, we got our first bag! I found the handwritten label very charming. I don't have great taste buds or any training on coffee blends, but smelling the grinds - it had a very acidic smell. I was a little worried but once we brewed it, I knew we had a winner. The coffee goes down so smooth, I was finished with my cup before I was emotionally ready. I might add that I don't taste the flavor notes of Chocolate, Cardamom or Cinnamon - but like I mentioned, I'm not a pro taster so it might just all be lost on me.
I researched the Porto Rico roaster, which is based out of NYC. Reading the yelp reviews of their store made me wish I lived in the city and could go smell their beans and grab their sale items! This coffee is very good and I'm excited to see Craft Coffee send next. Their website could use some improvement. It currently says that I don't have a subscription so I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if in two weeks they mail us our next bag!

Comments

Popular Posts