First Box, First Meal with Blue Apron

Today our first shipment of Blue Apron arrived and it was super exciting to unpack. I felt like it was early Christmas with all the fresh ingredients carefully wrapped and labeled.

Within the large box was large recipe cards that laid out the ingredients and explained how to prepare each dish. The groceries were all individually wrapped too with the meat on the bottom, closest to the cold gel packs. I was surprised with how many ice packs were included, but they do have to compensate for it potentially being left outside the house for a day, so it makes sense. The instructions also detail how to recycle the gel packs. 
The entire package is encased in a silver bubble bag. I wasn't sure where to put all the groceries without loosing them in our unorganized fridge, so I just cleared a wide space and stuck the entire bag in. I think in the future we will have a more dedicated area so all the loose baggie won't be lost but not have a giant bubble astronaut filling the main cavity of the fridge. On a side note, I'm excited about the shape of the box it ships in. I will be reusing the large box to ship quilts. Its kind of  perfect for queen sized blankets.
 The meal we were most excited about was the Ground Turkey Dumpling sandwiches with easy Kimchi. The prep time accurately advertised it took 35 minutes and with two of us coolking we tag teamed the tasks and had a delicious meal in no time. The recipes warned of the spice level, but I found it quite tame and delicious. The serving size was appropriate. Although my guy wanted more, split equally, I had plenty to eat and there was extra kimchi for tomorrow.


The way me and C break it down, its $10 a meal for three good easy meals. The way everything is sorted and the directions are clear, it allows us to have a clean and healthy restaurant quality meal at home and hopefully expands our meal options by teaching us about foods we otherwise wouldn't be bothered to try for the first time.

Deals running week of 6/7/2015: 2 meals free first time ordering

Comments

Popular Posts