Seared Cod & Fregola Sarda with Braised Summer Vegetables Recipe review

A few weeks ago, I spoke of Blue Apron and I am still smitten with their meals. I no longer am getting their meal subscription delivered weekly per se, but my mother is! We have been buying extra ingredients to add to her own box to make it stretch for three people. On top of that, I am buying the ingredients from the free online recipes to make from scratch. Tonight I made the Seared Cod & Fregola Sarda with Braised Summer Vegetables.  While I could not find Fregola Sarda Pasta, I substituted Israeli Couscous and added a pinch of Parmesan and found frozen Cod Fillets on sale for $4 a bag. I did not have the Herbes De Provence herb blend they use, but I used Canadian Fish and Chicken blend in my cabinets instead. My boy also doesn't like olives, so I used capers instead! Although I swapped a few things, I think the flavor is similar. 

As before, I highly recommend using the Blue Apron service. This month they are running a 30% off your first delivery promotion for August.

Comments

Popular Posts