Blog: Birthday Awareness

As I hit my first day as a 29 year old, there is a certain level of self awareness and critique for me that follows. I'm unmarried, living in my childhood home as a struggling artist. There is a certain level of rock bottom it can inspire when put that way. Another spin could be, I'm happily paired with a romantic partner of 4+ years who I've had a friendship with for over 10, scrapping by to follow my passion of creating art in quilts. By living at home, I'm able to cut down the cost of living and invest my time making blankets and build up my portfolio and spread my internet notoriety. By that angle, I'm not doing half bad .. haha. I guess reality always falls somewhere in between. I'm a couple days late on an order that I've been diligently working on and should ship tomorrow. I slept in and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and dinner out to celebrate my day. Its been a good birthday.

Looking forward, I want to be healthy. We have started an every other day run schedule that is only a mile in length (but the hills are stupid). I also have continued in doing Melissa Bender youtube videos, which I will always promote as nothing short of amazing. I am excited to continue living at home a while longer and keep quilting. So wish me luck on my 29th year!

Today in eating, the boyfriend made me crepes for breakfast. His top secret and yummy from scratch creations are the best. I was never a pancake kind-of-girl, preferring french toast, so I'm so glad he pushed crepes on me to widen my breakfast options. Today I enjoyed lemon and sugar, nutella, blackberry jam and sausage filled crepes! The crepe in the picture has a purple color due to C putting a bit of cocoa powder and vanilla extract into his mix!


Dinner was actually eating out at a Vietnamese restaurant downtown Chapel Hill called Lime and Basil. I wish I'm photo'd my dinner but I was too busy devouring it. I've had the BiBimBap there in the past, but tonight I couldn't resist the Lemon Grass Tofu Stir Fry. It was very fresh and tasty. I was most pleased to see they had a carry out Banh Mi special for $5. We will definitely try that out in the coming weeks!
Image borrowed from google images.

Comments

Popular Posts