Meal Plan 9/10 Grocery List

We are making hamburgers this week, hence only 5 meals instead of 6.

Blackened Chile Dusted Chicken with Zucchini Rice Pilaf Corn Tomato Salsa Lime Crema
(So we made the wrong meal because these two recipes sound so similar and have almost the exact ingredients but just in a different combination!  I wondered if I'd have felt dissatisfied in Blue Apron had sent these two weeks in a row.. but I'll never know!)

MEAT
2 Cod Fillets
1 Pork Roast
6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1¼ Pounds Stir-Fry Cut Beef

VEGETABLES
11 Cloves Garlic
1 Bunch Chives
3 Ear Of Corn
1 Tomato
3 Ounces Cherry Tomatoes
1 Shallot
3/4 lbs Green Beans (two meals)
10 Scallions
6 Ounces Sweet Peppers
1 Eggplant (2 meals)
1 Zucchini
4-Inch Piece Ginger (3 meals)
¼ Ounce Microgreens (we are going to just get mixed Salad greens)
¾ Pound Bok Choy

SPICES
1 Bunch Cilantro
1 Bunch Thai Basil
2 Teaspoons Ancho Chile Powder
1 Teaspoon Pork Ramen Spice Blend (Black Sesame Seeds, White Sesame Seeds, Kibbled Nori & Sansho Pepper)

FRUIT
2 Ounces Red Seedless Grapes
1 Lime

DAIRY
 2 Tablespoons Mexican Crema(use left overs from last weeks menu)

GRAIN/BREAD/PASTA
¾ Pound Fresh Ramen Noodles (use left overs from previous weeks menu)
1 Pound Fresh Udon Noodles
⅓ Cup White Basmati Rice
1¼ Cups Jasmine Rice

MISC
 1¾ Cups Light Coconut Milk
 ⅓ Cup Sweet Chili Sauce
¼ Cup Ponzu Sauce
2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Sugar
⅓ Cup Rice Flour
 3 Tablespoons Peanuts
2 Tablespoons Pork Demi-Glace
1/2 cup Soy Glaze

The Cod with Summer Succotash was great. We added cumin, smocked paprika and cayenne peppers to the veggies.  The grapes didn't particularly taste pickled, but were refreshing none the less. We also got stupid drunk on that meal because I had a shipment of ClubW wine and we went and drank two bottles. Its a pretty cool monthly service. You rate the wines they send you, so they can recommend the best options based on your flavor profile. They are not spot on by any means, but wines come with info cards with food pairing recommendations and recipes. If you want to give it a try, follow this link! I signed up while high on Valium during my LASIC eye surgery (I told myself I -deserved- it lol). Anyway, its been enjoyable enough that I haven't canceled it. When I made the Ramen, I also used just BBQ sauce instead of the 2 TBSP of Pork Demi-Glaze. Not sure how it changed the flavor of the broth, but I think it came out fine. Sweet Sour Stir Fried Beef with Udon got a lot of hate on the Blue Apron site - but we liked it. I actually made my own sweet and sour sauce from this recipe! It was really exciting to have that success under my belt! Since we are moving I'm also trying to use up old remaining ingredients. I loosely made this recipe (Sweet and Spicy Shrimp with Rice Noodles) with leftover shrimp and rice noodles from recipes past. I changed the carrots to broccoli and snap beans to edamame - the broccoli was great but stick with the snap peas and I only left the carrots out because I forgot and they stayed unchopped on the counter.

Comments

Popular Posts