Coffee Review of what I'm currently drinking

                                                   The mild, the dark and the poison.

Lets clea the air with, I'm not really drinking decaf, that's my roommates and mislabeled poison.  Sometimes I drink the old coffee in the pot only to realize its his decaf and I feel cheated of the caffeine I need to survive.  I am an open caffeine addict and need a cup in the mornign and a cup in the evening to survive headache free. The caffeine seems to need to come from coffee too, as the pills, soda or tea don't seem to pack a dense enough punch. Although maybe this is all in my head. Anyway, I maintain my habit.

Usually we stick to a steady supply of Starbucks and Gevalia brand breakfast, house and columbia blends. I fully believe that people long for different gustatory sensation, which forces us to stray from the tried and true. I however always say, "Aww, I like gevalia house better." This week we have a new to us Gevalia Bold Majestic Roast and Caribou Medium Roast. The first directly swayed the purchase of the second. C likes darker coffees and we were just finishing a Columbia bland, so he wanted to go darker. I find Gevalia Bold Majestic Roast to be too powerful. Our own measurement preference is to use 5 tablespoon scoops with 3 cups of water for two coffee mugs of joe.  This blend is so powerful we scaled back to 4 scoops and then it becomes drinkable.  After a couple days of drinking it, we needed a lighter blend and picked up the Caribou blend. I find it super mellow, like the Starbucks willow blend. I wish it had more taste but prefer it more.

Until next time, drink up!

Comments

Popular Posts