Beach Life

Wednesday the 15th

My amazing breakfast, sweet sticky rice and fresh mango!

The night before we had opted out of swimming because of the dark cold water, but this morning we were surprised at how rocky the sand was with coral formations and squishy with little sea critters. We waded out into the water knee high, but it wasn’t very ideal for free swimming since you had to be careful where you put your feet. We had hoped that Koh Lanta might also offer some cool kayaking sights, but as I researched the island, I was a little disappointed in my choice. It had a very caverns and jungles to explore, but I probably could have selected a more well known location. Also reading about elephant abuse, made me not want to ride one. So we opted out of any tour packages, and instead road the motorbike all over the island.
In the morning as we shopped near the pier, raced south to peek at the sea gypsy village and then east to the national park. We walked the nature walk through the forest which was a pretty steep loop, but it never unveiled a view of the island – only thick jungle and occasionally labeling some flora.

 The beach sight was very lovely though, with limestone cliffs and a lighthouse on a ridge, allowing a view of the whole bay. Me and C sat on a drift wood swing, big enough for two and talked about life while watching hermit crabs.
The motorbike began to feel quiet natural by the end of the day and I was no longer afraid of the speed and compelled to hang on so closely.
We walked the road near our bungalow and found a cooking school that served dinner. The meal was a traditional one from Chaing Mai and I ordered it a 3 spicy level and it was unbelievable hot. I started to weep as I tried to eat all of it and was thankful to my mango lassi. It was very good though, and I regret nothing! The restaurant was very busy too and they brought out a free appetizer while we waited and watermelon at the end of our meal.

Comments

Popular Posts