Into the Vacation - 26 hours of travel to get to Thailand

Monday the 6th 




My lucky charms
What a weird day where you plan to travel in to the future. Me and C kept our third shift hours (which is going to help splendidly with avoiding jet lag) and left the house for RDU around 5am. Super shout out to my mom for driving us and getting up super early, and listening to us do last minute laundry all night while we packed! I felt out of sorts for what time of day it was but I'd eaten a lot and drank even more, so at least you know Vietnam Air is taking great care of passengers. The plane was very dark and most people slept, but I couldn't seem to get back to sleep most of the trip. I'm not sure if I got enough either. I feeling so crazy tired at JFK. I kept falling asleep sitting up but was too uncomfortable to get any real rest in the airport seats. It was pretty tight in the plane seat too, but the lady next to me was very nice and always flagged me down when I wandered the aisle, unable to figure out where I came from after a bathroom break. It was kind of embarrassing. We had a few good shakes of turbulence too this trip. For my age, I'm kind surprised at how much it still kind of scares me. I had my Icelandic bone charm wrapped around my hand to sooth me most of the trip. It was in the plane that I began my quest to beat all the levels of Sudoku and tried watching a few TV shows although movies rarely hold my focus on planes. I tried reading the Thailand Travel guide as well. I wish the Wifi was free so I could play online and touch base, but this forced separation definitely helps it feel more like vacation. If I had wifi, I'd be writing response emails for 8BitHealey.

  


We arrived into Bangkok the evening of Tuesday the 7th. Ready for sleep to fall into bed. I was a little anxious because the trains stop running at midnight and we were arriving after 10:30p. The trains in Bangkok are pretty straight forward and some locals turned us in the right direction to get to our Pridi Hostel. The owner, Noi, was super cool to stay late to get us checked in and into bed. 

Comments

Popular Posts