Manifest Destiny to Microhousing

This might be a little circumlocutory as I'm still trying to find what my aim for this blog is. Is it a craft blog, a food blog, or a personal snap shot of my life? Am I writing to a fan base, or the casual google fiend looking for a tutorial? I'm afraid I haven't found my purpose.

What have I been up to? Well in September I quit the job I love in the the state I called home and went on a month long road trip. Me and the boyfriend hit Cincinnati, Chicago, Deadwood, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Salt Lake City, Ukiah, and Portland. Honorable mentions of passing though dark Kentucky, Donut Connection, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and California. (Yes I'm aware Donut Connection is not a state - but it was significant enough to me to belong.) We finally settled in Tacoma for the past month at my cousin's, while I started a new job in Tukwila, WA.  I'm working for Kotis Design on the Knit Machines, which is part of a small garment sewing team. Its full time 2nd shift hours. I love it even if its exhausting and repetitive. I've been trying to develop a habit of crafting in the mornings before work and minimally on the weekends. Its been a struggle and I do foresee crafting less in the future, although I won't stop running 8BitHealey. I will just need to find a way to balance my work load and cost of my products within the new context of my life.

Things that are important to me that I want to actively be doing in my life and also blogging about:

I'm moving into a microhousing apartment in West Seattle. It is 300 square feet of environmentally conscientious brand new and very tiny quarters. I've always loved the idea of a tiny house home (which C always laughed about, yet here we are about to move in). I'd like to blog about this new endeavor of compact cohabitation. I'd like to rationally evaluate its practicality, share how we make it work and write of others strategies.

I want to keep up my weekly meal plans. I haven't been able to cook regularly as we stayed in hotels and with family these past three months. I want to get back on schedule with writing about how to eat 6 clean meals a week for under $50. I think this might be a new challenge in ways as I will be restocking an empty kitchen and things are a little more pricey in the city.

I have multiple subscription services (Wclub, Lot 18 and Letote) I'd like to write my thoughts and experiences down about.

I have discovered more then red wine, I LOVE sour beers. This has opened me up to a whole new flavor that I can't get enough of and have so many things to try.

I want to blog about crafts, although that might be a smaller focus.

I want to catch up on my travel entries, I still have 3 more days in Thailand to blog about and this whole 3 week road trip across the US!

So you can see I have a lot of content, its just all over the place and not exactly following a central theme. I'll be thinking over how to organize all my different projects and make it easier to consume.
 Feedback is always welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts